Head Football Coach – Tennessee Tech University
Tennessee Tech University invites nominations and applications for the position of Head Football Coach.
ABOUT TENNESSEE TECH UNIVERSITY:
Tennessee Tech produces practical, ready-to-work graduates from a broad range of academic disciplines prepared to compete in a technologically driven world. Here, students have the freedom to discover and pursue their passions, knowing there is a supportive community behind them. Developing their passions into hundreds of student clubs and organizations, Tech students make an impact on campus, in the community and around the world.
Transformative experiences are a tradition at Tech. Our students cultivate a lifelong desire to learn about their favorite subjects, or pursue entirely new interests under the guidance of knowledgeable and supportive faculty. A genuine community of faculty, staff and alumni committed to challenging all to bring out their best and to supporting each other in academic, personal and professional development exists at Tech. These pursuits result in honest, lifelong connections that carry far beyond the classroom.
With an enrollment of around 10,000 students, Tech offers degrees from eight academic schools and colleges: Agriculture and Human Ecology, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Nursing.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop student-athletes in all areas.
- The development and organization of team practices.
- The recruiting and hiring of assistant coaches and support staff, as prescribed.
- Attendance and participation at Departmental and Compliance Meetings as scheduled.
- Development and organization of team meetings and meetings with assistant coaches.
- Coordinates team travel logistics and itinerary with assistant coaches, support staff, and Departmental personnel as necessary.
- Represents the University in compliance with NCAA policy in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Represents the University in compliance with NCAA policy and consistent Departmental resources in the recommendation of athletic scholarships to prospective student-athletes.
- Collaborate with academic staff to promote a culture of academic success and individual achievement for student-athletes.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Football program engaging with internal and external constituents such as media, donors, campus partners, student body, letter winners, alumni, sponsors, etc.
- Coordinates with the appropriate administrators for the following:
- Recruitment and hiring of assistant coaches and support staff.
- Development and allocation of budget.
- Fundraising towards the achievement of program goals.
- Scheduling of opponents.
- Awarding of athletic scholarships.
- Matters pertaining to eligibility.
- Facility and equipment (also in collaboration with the appropriate equipment manager)
- Recommendation of purchases of equipment.
- Athletic training for maintenance and rehabilitation (in collaboration with athletic training staff).
- Strength and conditioning training (in collaboration with strength staff).
- Student-athlete mental health and wellness (in collaboration with wellness staff and athletic training staff)
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work with student-athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, athletic administration, faculty, and other stakeholders.
- A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically.
- A demonstrated commitment to building a positive team culture.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead student-athletes toward competitive excellence and academic success and personal growth and development.
- Ability to manage budgeting, scheduling, coaching, recruiting, evaluating, and purchasing and caring for equipment.
- Ability to implement policies and guidelines for all Football personnel and student-athletes.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, strong leadership, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders on social media.
- Must be able to work a highly variable schedule including nights and weekends.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting exam is required.
- Connections and a strong ability to recruit locally is preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a Football coach at the Division I collegiate level.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting student-athletes.
- Demonstrated experience managing administrative tasks related to the operation of college level team sports. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Tennessee Tech University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age (40 and over), status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law. Inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies should be directed to email@example.com.
Committed To Excellence
With over thirty years of experience in intercollegiate athletics, CSA delivers a unique level of service that effectively meets the needs of the nation’s leading universities and conferences.