University of North Texas Executive Senior Associate AD/Chief Revenue Officer
The University of North Texas, located in Denton, Texas, invites nominations and applications for the role of Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Revenue Officer.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS
The University of North Texas (UNT), established in 1880, is a public research university in Denton, Texas, part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. With a record enrollment of 46,940 students in Fall 2023, UNT is home to 14 colleges and schools and is a flagship member of the University of North Texas System. UNT is also designated as an Emerging Research University by the state of Texas and both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Minority-Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education.
The North Texas Mean Green sponsors 16 varsity teams that compete in the American Athletic Conference. The mission of Mean Green Athletics is to Build Champions and Prepare Leaders through the pursuit of perfection in academics, athletics, and life.
The Executive Senior Associate AD/Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for the oversight, direction, and strategic planning for increased departmental revenues, including the areas of fundraising and development, Mean Green Scholarship Fund, fan and VIP experience, special events, ticket operations and Letterman’s Association. The CRO will report directly to the Director of Athletics and oversee three Senior Associate Athletic Directors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead athletic development and fundraising strategy and direction for generating resources and revenue for the division. Ensure that goals and initiatives fully align with department goals and the UNT Athletics Strategic Plan.
- Oversee all fundraising and development initiatives, including capital campaign planning, commitment to new or existing athletic endowments, employee giving, major gifts, high-end annual donors.
- Develop and oversee all corporate athletic partnerships and major gifts, including negotiation of corporate athletic agreements.
- Oversee the development and strategies of the Letterman’s Association to increase revenue, membership and overall relationship with Mean Green letter winners.
- Develop collaborative relationships with department partners, UNT community and alumni, and the Dallas-Ft. Worth region to cultivate development, fundraising, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with UNT fundraising policies and best practices in alignment and partnership with University Advancement.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fan engagement and VIP experience initiatives; enable the highest level of customer service to fans and guests while improving the game day experience and environment for all Mean Green sports.
- Oversee development, organization, promotion, and administration of special events and community outreach to build brand awareness. Manage athletics staff responsible for day-to-day management of special events.
- Oversee development of ticket sales and operational strategies to develop and maintain ticketholder relationships. Ensure integration of ticket campaigns with marketing and strategic communication efforts to increase ticket sales and game day attendance while meeting revenue goals.
- Assist and participate in developing, evaluating, and implementing department strategic plan.
- Provide senior staff oversight to specific teams; responsible for coach and program supervision.
- Serve on the Athletic Director’s executive staff. Assume the lead on projects and initiatives as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Equivalent to eight years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of fundraising and direct solicitation principles, fiscal management, strategic planning, operational management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex financial concepts effectively.
- Ability to direct and manage the work of others; ability to work effectively with a diverse range of coaches, staff, and students.
- Master’s degree
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA rules as well as state of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area.
APPLICATIONS: The position will remain open until filled; but, for best consideration, applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of application and resume electronically via www.collegiatesportsassociates.com by October 5, 2023. No hard copy applications will be accepted. Nominations for the position and questions concerning the job requirements or hiring process should be directed to: email@example.com
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Committed To Excellence
With over thirty years of experience in intercollegiate athletics, CSA delivers a unique level of service that effectively meets the needs of the nation’s leading universities and conferences.